Full Circle Vocal Group likes to be involved in as much as possible, including raising money for charity. In the past few years we have:
- Welcomed Anu Omideyi – choir director and manager of the award winning London gospel choir, The Reapers Choir, for a full session workshop. Anu is highly experienced at vocal training including blending and bringing out the best in individuals and groups. She was full of warmth, vibrancy and passion for gospel music and we had an unforgettable evening.
- Sung at the Time To Remember concert to commemorate the first two minute silence held in Farnham in May 1916.
- Made a promo music video with our friends at Rock & Roll Experience.
- Had guest musicians in to run sessions, including Swingle Singer Clare Wheeler and Jen Giles.
- Sung the chorus of Sky High, for a local music producer for his new track, mixed in LA.
- Regularly sung at pubs across Farnham at Vic Cracknell’s open mic nights.
- Sung (to Flamingos) at Birdworld at their Christmas Winter Wonderland.
- Annually sung at the Farnham Maltings‘ Christmas Fair.
- Collaborated on a song with the men from The Bourne Church.
- Sung an original song Unmoor The Boat by composer Michael Heath, who has since written a song dedicated to Full Circle Vocal Group.
Charity and community
- We wore blue clothes during World Water Day to raise awareness and money for WaterAid
- We have performed twice at The Woodlarks Centre to residents of the care home
- We raised money for Marie Curie by singing in the Lion and Lamb Yard, Farnham
- We helped organise and we performed at the Farnham Transformance concert for Amnesty International
- We regularly have pizza nights in Farnham
- We invite our friends and family to our annual Christmas concert at the end of the autumn term
- Choir members host social evenings during the summer break and at Christmas
- We support each other’s own businesses, craft fairs or music concerts